It has been said that innovation happens when experience and passion combine. The convergence between Cindy and Jana’s professional lives and their personal dreams has been an exciting journey.
Cindy and Jana have always been passionate about babies! In their careers as Registered Nurses and International Board Certified Lactation Consultants, they have assisted over 20,000 new families.
They saw that parents were inundated with paper information regarding newborn care. New (and even experienced) parents were overwhelmed and frustrated in their search for up to date and accurate information.
“They have developed a mobile app and a website to offer evidenced-based information for new families.”
They have developed a mobile app, NuuNest, to fill this gap. NuuNest offers evidence-based information for both mom and baby, offering guidance through the newborn period.
Knowledge empowers parents to feel confident as they make decisions regarding the care of their newborns. Their website, cindyandjana.com offers information and reassurance across a wide range of topics including breastfeeding; infant care as well as maternal preparation and recovery from childbirth.
Past speaking engagements:
- Willow Cree Health Prenatal Outing, “Preparing to Breastfeed during Pregnancy”, Saskatoon, SK – February 11, 2015 (Cindy)
- POGO Women & Children’s Health Conference, “Community-Based Postpartum and Newborn Assessment”, Saskatoon, SK – February 6, 2015 (Cindy & Jana)
- Canadian Association of Midwives Annual Conference, Saskatoon, SK – November 7, 2014 (Cindy & Jana)
- Canadian Association of Women’s Health Network Conference, “Childbearing women have a phone in their hand: Navigating what to trust and what to recommend”, Regina, Sk – October 24, 2014 (Cindy & Jana)
- Saskatoon Population and Public Health Annual Breastfeeding Update, Saskatoon, SK – Sept 23, 2014 (Cindy & Jana)
- Canadian Association of Women’s Health Network Conference, “Moving forward through technology-based health teaching: A mobile app for postnatal families,” Niagara Falls, ON – Nov 2013 (Cindy)
- Saskatchewan Union of Nurses Innovators Conference, “Advancing Patient and Family Centred Care: A Mobile App for Postpartum Families,” Regina, SK – September 30, 2013 (Cindy & Jana)
- Canadian Public Health Association Annual Conference, “Moving Forward Through Technology-based Health Teaching: A Mobile App for Postnatal Families,” Ottawa, ON – June 11, 2013 (Jana)
- Saskatchewan Registered Nurses Association: Communications & Technology Transforming RN Practice, Saskatoon, SK – May 2013 (Cindy & Jana)
Thank you Boehmer Photography for supplying the beautiful photography on our website!